Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I open a Marist Money account?
All enrolled students may open a Marist Money account. To activate your account just put a Marist Money deposit on your Marist ID card.
2. How do I close my Marist Money account?
- Any student leaving the college, may close their account at any time. Any remaining funds will be applied to any outstanding debt. You may request a refund, in writing, of any remaining fund balance through the Marist Card Office.
- Faculty and Staff may close accounts at any time. Any account balance should be depleted prior to closing the account. No withdrawals of cash are permitted from the Marist Money account.
3. What happens to money in my account at the end of the year?
Your account remains open and funds carry over. If you are graduating or leaving the college, funds will be applied to any outstanding debt. You may request a refund, in writing, of any remaining fund balance through the Marist Card Office.
4. Can I withdraw money from my account?
Withdrawals are not permitted from Marist Money accounts.
5. How do I add money to my account?
- You can add money to your student's account online by going to this link
- You will need your student's account number and date of birth.
- Cash, checks, and credit card deposits (Visa, MC and Discover only) may be made at the Marist Card Office in Donnelly Hall 241. Checks, payable to Marist Money, may also be mailed to: Marist College, 3399 North Road, Poughkeepsie, New York 12601, attn: Marist Card Services, DN 241. Credit and debit card deposits (Visa, MasterCard and Discover only) are accepted by phone; have your Visa, MasterCard or Discover number and student campus wide identification number ready.
- A personal check returned by the bank will be charged back to the student's account and in addition a $15 returned check fee will be assessed. Further, a hold will be placed on the student's academic record until the balance is resolved.
6. Can my parents call from home to put money in my account?
Yes; Visa, MasterCard and Discover deposits are accepted by phone; have your Visa, MasterCard or Discover number and student identification number ready.
7. How do I check my balance?
Most merchants can tell you your balance when you use your card. You may also check your balance online using your Marist account in my.marist portal by clicking here.
8. I need a new ID card - what do I need to bring?
Bring a photo ID such as drivers license, passport, or state ID to the Marist Card Office in Donnelly Hall. You will also need $20.00 (cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover or Marist Money) to pay for a replacement card. Students must be currently enrolled and fees must be paid in order to obtain an ID.
9. What should I do if I lose my ID card?
Call the Office of Safety and Security at extension 2282 on campus and (845) 575-3000 ext 2282 off campus to report your card lost or stolen. Come to the office in person to deactivate your card (no one else will be able to use it).
10. What is the cost of a replacement ID card?
The cost for a replacement ID is $20.00. Costs are payable by cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover or Marist Money.
11. Where is Marist Card Services located?
The Marist Card Office is located in Donnelly Hall, room 241.
12. What are the card office hours?
The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Deposits are accepted: 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Marist Card Services is open the first and third Saturdays of the month, excepting holiday weekends or breaks,
from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
13. My card won't work - what's wrong?
Call Marist Card Services (845) 575-3550 for assistance. If after hours, leave a message and your call will be returned the next business day.