Physician Assistant Studies Department
Frequently Asked Questions
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Professions, Medicine
- New York State Society of Physician Assistants (NYSSPA)
- Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA)
Loading contact form...
Frequently Asked Questions: General
If I attended a foreign school or earned my degree outside of the United States, can someone review my transcript prior to applying?
Frequently Asked Questions: Program and Curriculum
Frequently Asked Questions: Competitive Applicant Profile
Frequently Asked Questions: Application
*The ARC-PA has granted Accreditation-Provisional status to the Marist College Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Marist College. Accreditation-Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding Accreditation-Provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students.
Accreditation-Provisional does not ensure any subsequent accreditation status. It is limited to no more than five years from matriculation of the first class.
The final provisional visit will occur October 2019, with a decision regarding full accreditation to be made in March 2020.