Federal Academic Alliance
The Federal Academic Alliance is working with Marist College as a part of the continuing efforts to provide higher educational opportunities to the Federal workforce by providing current Federal Government employees with the opportunity to pursue post-secondary education at reduced tuition rates. This program is a benefit that Federal employees can take advantage of at their own pace to pursue or enhance their higher academic education.
Marist recognizes the importance of providing affordable educational opportunities and we are happy to be working with the Federal Academic Alliance. Current Federal Government employees, along with their immediate adult family members, will receive the following benefits:
- A 25% discount on base tuition rates for all eligible graduate and adult undergraduate degree programs, and advanced certificates.
- A 50% discount on base tuition rates for the Master of Public Administration (MPA) (applies to Federal Employees)
- Options for Full-Time and Part-Time Master's and Bachelor's degree programs offered 100% online, in-class or a mix of both.
- Enjoy state of the art classrooms for our Bachelor’s and Master’s programs offered on our Main Campus in Poughkeepsie, NY. We also offer a classroom-based MPA option at our satellite locations in Queens, NY, and Albany, NY.
Federal Government employees and their immediate adult family members must show proof of connection with the Federal Academic Alliance in order to qualify for the discounted tuition rate.
Adult undergraduate students are defined as students who began their Marist academic career at age 22 or older and who are applying through the office of Adult Undergraduate Admission. Graduate students are those students who are initiating an application for a stand-alone masters degree through the Office of Graduate Admission.
Final determination of eligibility is made by Marist College.
Marist College offers students a variety of programs on-site and online for both graduate and adult undergraduate (ages 22+) learners.
Please visit our eligible programs page for more information.
- Marist College is regionally accredited through the Middles States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Our MBA program is accredited through the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Our MPA program is accredited through the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
We are often asked if we offer online options for our programs, and the answer is yes!
- MBA, and MA in Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) are only offered online.
- MPA, and MS in Information systems (MSIS) offer onground or online options.
- The MPA program offers onground hybrid options at our Poughkeepsie, Albany, and Queens, NY locations.
- BS in Management Studies and the BA/BS in Professional studies can both be completed online or onground here in Poughkeepsie.
Virtual Information Sessions
In addition to the information found on each of our program websites, you can also learn about our graduate programs through virtual information sessions. Dial-in from the comfort of your home, or while you are on the go, and interact with our advisers as they walk you through the details of the program.
For a complete list of the upcoming sessions please visit https://www.marist.edu/admission/graduate/admission-information-session
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q: What do I need to qualify for the tuition benefit?
A: Marist will need to see proof of your connection to the Federal Academic Alliance. If you are a family member, then we will need to see proof of your family member's connection. Then upon acceptance to the program, your file will be coded for the discount.
Q: What is the tuition benefit that Alliance members receive and how do I receive it?
A: If accepted into an eligible program, you will receive 25% off the base tuition rate. Your application file will be coded for the discount for the life of your degree. The base tuition rate is subject to change during your degree.
Q: Who do I call if I have questions about a program, the application, or how the alliance works?
A: You can contact Graduate Admission by calling 845-575-3484 or toll-free at 1-800-877-7900 or by email at email@example.com and the advisers can help you with all your questions.
Q: Will I be eligible for any other aide?
A: You may be eligible for federal loans, and we urge you to submit your FAFSA application. However, with regard to scholarships and other aide, Marist can only apply one benefit at a time to a student’s account. If you are eligible for more than one tuition benefit, Marist will apply the larger of the two.
For questions about programs, how the alliance works, our online classes, financial aid, or about Marist in general, please contact the office of Graduate Admission.