The Marist College Diversity Council fulfills an advisory role to the President of the College in matters related to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Comprised of members from across the College appointed by the President, the Council is a hub for strategic and collaborative thinking. The Council works alongside the Diversity Leadership which includes the Special Assistant to the President for Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement (DICE) and the Director for Academic Diversity and Inclusion to set the diversity agenda of the College.
Diversity Council Membership 2018 – 2019
- Patricia Ferrer-Medina, Assistant Professor of Spanish, School of Liberal Arts
- Christine Mulvey, Director of Special Projects, Telecommunications, and Networking, Information Technology
- Addrain Conyers, Associate Professor of Criminal Justice/Director for Academic Diversity and Inclusion, School of Social & Behavioral Sciences
Communication - Coordinate all communication and representation of the Council’s work.
- Melinda E. Martinez, Co-Chair & Director of the Marist College Liberty Partnerships Program, Student Affairs
- Al Abdelrahman, Co-Chair & Associate Director of Safety and Security, Safety and Security
- Julio A. Torres Jr., Senior Assistant Director/Coordinator of Multicultural Enrollment, Enrollment Management
Student Life - Facilitate student experiences of diversity.
- Colin McCann, Co-Chair & Associate Director of First-Year Programs/Leadership Development, Student Affairs
- Alyssa Gates, Co-Chair & Director of Student-Athlete Enhancement, Academic Affairs
- Brother Michael Flanigan, Campus Ministry, Student Affairs
- Iris Ruiz-Grech, Director of the Center for Multicultural Affairs and the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program, Academic Affairs
Training and Teaching - Facilitate faculty and staff experiences of diversity.
- Maryellen Guardino, Co-Chair & Associate Director of Accommodations & Accessibility, Student Affairs
- Stacy Williams, Co-Chair & Assistant Professor, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Katy Silberger, Librarian/Digital Content Service, Student Affairs
- Dashawn Jones, Investigator/Security Officer, Safety and Security
Creating and Learning - Facilitate experiences of diversity in academics.
- James Snyder, Co-Chair & Associate Professor, School of Liberal Arts
- Haseeb Arroon, Co-Chair & Database Manager, Institutional Research
- Jessica Macias, Financial Analyst, Budget, Planning & Analysis
- Tim Murray, Director of Athletics, Student Affairs