Medical Laboratory Sciences Department
The Marist program has nine internship sites through its affiliation with the following medical laboratories:
- MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center, Poughkeepsie, NY
- The Veterans Affairs Hudson Valley Health Care System, Castle Point, NY
- Health Alliance Hospital of Westchester Medical Center, Kingston, NY
- St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital, Newburgh/Cornwall, NY
- Columbia Memorial Hospital, Hudson, NY
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Northern Dutchess Hospital, Rhinebeck, NY
- Sharon Hospital, Sharon, CT
- Orange Regional Hospital, Middleton, NY
All of these facilities are located within commuting distance of the college, so students can continue to reside on campus and fully participate in campus life. Additionally, students may have the opportunity to do clinical rotations at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5 in all required science and math courses to participate in the clinical portion of the program. A grade of C or better is required in all clinical courses. All qualified students are guaranteed an internship in their senior year.
The program provides an opportunity for students with an associate degree in medical laboratory technology or the natural sciences to complete a bachelor of science degree with a major in medical technology at Marist. These transfer students can usually complete Marist's program in two years with full-time study.