Department of Communication
The Department of Communication offers the Bachelor of Arts in Communication, with a wide range of attractive concentrations of study. These concentrations prepare students to graduate with the knowledge, skill, and experience that are in high demand among some of the most selective employers and graduate programs in the country.
All concentrations of study are supported by the School's nationally-renowned internship program. Our internship program gives students valuable field experience throughout the Hudson River Valley Region and in New York City with world leaders in communication, news media, advertising, public relations, sports, publishing, television, and other industries.
The School of Communication and the Arts hosts some of the most prestigious student clubs and activities on the Marist campus, such as the Public Relations Student Society of America. Professional organizations provide students with unique experiences, as well as leadership and professional development opportunities.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to produce visual, audio, and/or written works of excellence.
- Students will be able to engage with the theoretical and historical underpinnings of communication.
- Students will be able to gather, critically evaluate, and synthesize information from various sources.
Undergraduate Students in the Department of Communication may choose from the following academic concentrations:
Dual Degree Program (5 -Year B.A./M.A.)
- B.A. Communication, concentration in Advertising and Public Relations
- M.A. in Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC)
Graduate Degree in the Department of Communication: