Summer Pre-College Admission
Film & TV Production
If you love movies and videos, then Marist College's Summer Pre-College Program in Film and TV Production is a great place to take your cinematic passion and skills to the next level. This pre-college program is for students of all experience levels who possess a strong interest in telling stories for the screen. If you love to make your own short videos with friends, why not learn how production works on a more serious and professional level? Discover which parts of the process you love most, and learn to work with peers and experienced faculty and staff on a short, high-quality narrative project that you can then add to your digital portfolio - all while earning transferable college credit and experiencing campus life in the beautiful Hudson Valley at one of the Northeast's premier liberal arts colleges.
Welcome to Marist!
Marist College is a highly selective comprehensive liberal arts institution noted for its leadership in technology in and out of the classroom. When prospective students see Marist–our beautiful location on the Hudson River, top-notch facilities, the faculty attentiveness, and the sheer enjoyment of their experience here–they want to join our community. At Marist, students get a premium education, develop skills, make lifelong friends, and finish ahead of the competition for their next steps.
- Learn the craft of storytelling through screenwriting and script development.
- Learn how creative decisions are made by directors, cinematographers, and other key personnel during short movie production.
- Acquire and sharpen technical skills with high definition video production equipment.
- Build confidence in your ability to work collaboratively with your peers in an intensive production environment.
- Gain an understanding of key aesthetic principles in visual storytelling.
- Learn nonlinear digital video and sound editing on industry-standard editing systems.
- Discover your personal talents and interests as they relate to the cinematic arts.
Come immerse yourself in the exciting and challenging field of video production at the Film and TV Production Program and put your passion for movies into action.
Marist Summer Pre-College is geared toward sophomores, juniors, and seniors in high school. Upon successful completion of the Summer Pre-College Film and TV Production Program, each student will earn three (3) transferable college credits for the Marist College course Introduction to Digital Movie Making.
Please see below for the 2019 Pre-College program costs. Cost includes tuition & fees, housing & all meals, field trips, and all course materials. Cost does not include travel expenses. Students may wish to bring funds for incidentals, shopping at the Marist Bookstore or the local mall, souvenirs, and any personal items they wish to purchase.
New York Session 1 or Session 2, 3 college credits: $3,400
New York Session 1 and Session 2, 6 college credits: $6,460