International Student Admission
Applying for your Marist Student Visa
International students must obtain a student visa in order to study in the United States. It is in your best interest to begin the application process as early as possible. In order to receive your Visa you must follow these steps:
- Receive an acceptance letter from the Marist Office of Admission
- Submit the required documents for the I-20 to the Marist Office of Enrollment Services:
- Undergraduate students must submit a deposit in order to receive an I-20.
- Receive your I-20 from Marist
- Schedule an appointment with the closest American Embassy or Consulate and apply for your F-1 Visa
Examples of the completed documents need to apply for the Marist I-20 can be found here:
- Declaration of Finances and Sponsorship
- Current bank statement
- Bank letter
- Copy of your Passport ID page
- Proof of English proficiency
- Transfer Recommendation Form (only for students currently holding an F-1 Visa)
To make your appointment with the American Embassy or Consulate you will need to find the most convenient location, please do so by visiting the U.S. Department of State website. They also offer ample information on the procedures for obtaining your student visa.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 001-845-575-3226.
Tips from our current international students:
Daniele from Europe recommends:
“Be presentable, dress in a conservative way. Avoid excessive piercings and bright hair color. Also, make sure you paid all the fees for the visa application and you have the receipts and all of the documents when reporting to the consulate or the embassy.”
Vitor from South America writes:
“Make sure you know Marist and what it can offer including your major.”