Center for Career Services
Career Planning and Decision Making
Designed for Freshman and Sophomores, this course will:
- identify your career-related skills, interests and personality style
- acquaint you with possible career paths related to majors at Marist
- provide you with descriptions of occupations including salaries and job outlook
- help you focus your career plans
Designed for Juniors and Seniors this course will:
- give you job and internship search techniques
- help you prepare your resume and cover letter
- advise you on obtaining employment references
- provide information on various employers
- develop your interviewing and networking skills
- identify prospective employers in your field
- help you ease the transition from school to work
Employment Practicum CRDV100N (1 credit)
Web-based course: 3 in-class sessions
What is Candid Career?
Candid Career is:
- Similar to YouTube, Candid Career is a fun way to explore careers
- Watch video interviews with actual career professionals
- Get tips and advice on how to enter the field and succeed
- Search interviews by major, job title, industry or keyword
- There are hundreds of interviews: Journalist, TV Writer/Director, Attorney and many more!
What is Focus 2?
FOCUS 2 is:
- An online career guidance program for students and alumni
- Take inventories on your interests, skills, work values, personality and leisure activities
- Look at careers based on the inventory results
- Use the careers database to learn more about those careers that interest you
- Look up careers related to Marist majors
What is InterviewStream?
- An online simulator that lets you see and hear yourself responding to interview questions
- Choose from among dozens of interview question sets
- Record yourself right on the system
- See/Hear yourself as the interviewer does
- Send your interview to be reviewed by anyone you choose
What is FoxQuest?
- Job/Internship Openings: View and apply to quality job postings targeted directly to Marist College students and alumni
- Extended Job Search: Search thousands of additional postings offered by DirectEmployers Association
- Job Search Agents: Receive automatic notifications of new job postings that meet your preferences
- Resume Wizard and Document Storage: Create and store resumes, cover letters, and other documents
- FoxQuest will never distribute your information to a third party; no Direct Marketing to Students
What is CareerShift?
- Search, select and store job listings from all job boards and all company job postings
- Find Marist alumni by entering "Marist College" in the Contacts section
- Get up-to-date contact information about contacts and companies posting jobs
- Access in-depth information about contacts and companies posting jobs
- Record, save and store your correspondence history records automatically
- Create personal marketing campaigns, including unlimited resumes and cover letters easily, and save them to access, print or e-mail.
- Manage your confidential CareerShift account securely from any computer 24/7, to update & maintain your organized and recorded job search